A beautiful, low maintenance dock combined with beautiful, functional dock boat furniture—it doesn’t get much better than that. The truth is a dock without furniture is a little sad. If you’ve invested in a dock, you want to make the most of that investment by actually spending time on it. After all, the song goes, “sitting on the dock of the bay…” not “building a dock and then not really using it!” (Thank you, Otis Redding.)
Comfortable dock furniture will allow you to sit out and enjoy the peace and tranquility of the water. Not to mention, there are few things more relaxing than watching the sun rise or set from a comfortable chair on your dock.
So if your dock is bare, never fear. Let’s take a look at how to take your dock from basic to awesome with the right boat dock furniture.
How Many Pieces of Boat Dock Furniture Do You Need?
First things first, you need to determine the amount of space you have available for seating on your dock. Then, consider the number of people you will typically have sitting on the dock with you. Of course, if you have a small dock and a large family, you will need to take turns. But you do have options for maximizing the space available on the dock.
● 2 or 3 person benches can be mounted to the top or the side of your dock. Many benches feature cup holders to ensure you and your guests can enjoy a refreshing drink.
● There are also 2-3 person swinging benches available. Swinging, on a dock, over water, with a cool drink in your stainless steel cup holder—oh yes, this is what dock life is all about!
● Dock umbrellas ensure you and your guests stay shaded and protected from the elements. Most styles you can operate with a user-friendly hand crank. Look for umbrellas that feature rust-resistant poles you can mount to the side or top of the dock.
● A Captain’s Chair is the ultimate in comfort and style for the captain. Go for the 360-degree swivel chair made of water- and rust-resistant materials that do not require staining or sealing.
● A dock box will allow you to safely store items, but can also serve as a seating option for guests. Mount the box on the decking surface or even off the dock’s edge to save space.
Check Out the Selection of High Quality Dock Furniture at Wahoo Docks
If you are tired of looking at a bare dock, you need to speak with our experts at Wahoo Docks today. We can walk you through all of your best options for boat dock furniture and accessories. Connect with us now to learn more.